Monday, February 14, 2011

Update

Friday we had a chicken tragedy. :-( My dachshund somehow figured out how to dig out and pull the chicken wire open and we had 2 of our four chickens were terminally injured. Unfortunately he didn't finish the job, so my husband had to. We are pretty much city folk so this was a pretty hard for everyone. Especially my ten year old son who saw the state of the two birds, who were named 'Caramel' and 'Snowflake'.

I have to remind them that some dogs are instinctual hunters and they cannot help themselves. I think we're all doing a little better today, but it's still a pretty tender subject.

On a happier note, HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! Unfortunately for me, I have come down with a flu or something, my ears are plugged, my glands are swollen, my throat is raw. I'm a hot mess! There goes a romantic evening with my hubby. Instead I'm hoping to have a date with my doctor today.

I hope everyone has a lovely Valentines Day and is able to spend it with someone they love. Remember to tell people you love them EVERY DAY! You can never have too many 'I love you's' (grammar?)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day to you too. I'm so sorry that you are ill. I hate being sick on my favorite holidays. Sorry about the chicken accident too. I hope you all recover soon.

    ReplyDelete

Nuggets of Joy