Sunday, September 26, 2010

Updates and Substance Award

Boy, I have missed my blog! Since my last blog I have been a very busy girl! I've moved, started a new job, started serving as a group leader for 6th grade girls in a mid-week bible study. I miss spending a few hours reading blogs and updating mine!


God has blessed us tremendously and is working in our lives to challenge us. My new job keeps me very busy and is challenging. It also takes me out of my comfort zone and into new groups of people. The Lord reminds me that as long as I keep my eye on Him, he will help me through all these challenges. This is one of the first high stress times in my life where I've been able to smile, laugh and be grateful every day! God is GOOD!

Surprisingly, yesterday I received the "Blog with Substance Award"! from Becky at My Walk from Flab to Fab. I think that is very kind of her to read and acknowledge my little baby blog!

Receiving this award means that I need to do the following:

1. Explain my blogging philosophy, motivation and experience in five words.
2. Give the award to ten other bloggers.

Here I go...
Explain my blog in five words: Honesty, Gratitude, Creativity, Education and Praise
(I try to include each of these attributes into each one of my posts)

Give the award to ten other bloggers: I look at a lot of blogs...I mean a lot! There are many super blogs out there, I tried to chose ten that come to mind for there genuine feel, honesty and inspiration for creativity, organization and/or risk taking. These are in no particular order:

1. Alisa Burke Redefine Creativity (Alisa's work is amazing and truly inspiring)
2. Life in Rehab (super great ideas, hands on..amazing skills!)
3. Be Different Act Normal (so many great ideas!)
4. Brown Paper Packages (super creative, a regular read)
5. Fireflies and Jellybeans (creativity galore!)
6. Flower Patch Farmgirl (inspiring, genuine)
7. I am Momma - Hear me Roar (so creative...I envy her skills!)
8. Made by Nicole (great sense of style, amazing artist!)
9. Not Just a Mommy (excellent party ideas!)
10. Tales from the Coop Keeper (because I dream of keeping chickens and a simpler, more organic way of life out of the city! I day dream when I read her blog)

Thank you all for your creativity, genuine love of family and inspiration. You each impact my ideas and family in ways you will probably never realize. Thank you!
Blessings through Him,
Aubrey

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for awarding me! I'm glad my crazy is making someone's day a little brighter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aubrey, I'm so immensely flattered by this! Thank you so much for the recognition and sweet words! And as one of your followers, you know I look forward to each of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Aubrey, Thank you so much for the kind award. A lot of the blogs you mentioned are some of my favorites as well. Thanks for thinking of me!

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your award was well-deserved, my dear. Thanks for making a difference for so many!

    Becky from
    http://mywalkfromflabtofab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Nuggets of Joy