Sunday, June 20, 2010

Potpourri of catch-up

I haven't posted in a while. I was spending some time attempting some of the fun crafts that I have been reading about on the different blogs I subscribe to. And then I got sick...ugh!! So here are just a few pictures of some things I worked on...they are so-so, but I'm trying new things and figure that practice truly does make perfect  better!



I got the idea from Under The Table and Dreaming, here. I found the frame for $1 at Goodwill on a tag sale day! Spray painted it black, hot glued the burlap on (I think I used a little too much and need to trim some off the back) and cut out the letters with an Exact-o knife. It was fun and my kids look forward to checking the menu for dinner every night. I even put "leftovers" on there some nights!

The second thing I made was this cute sign for a friends birthday.
 
I got the wood from a broken pallet in the parking lot of my workplace, sanded it, had some paint from the clearance section at Lowe's ($2.00) and got the lovely vinyl from a sale that Shelly had at Wonderfully Wordy. I really loved it. I nailed a small hang-y thing (which the name escapes me) so it can be wall mounted. 

Next, my daughter and I spent an afternoon together and fumbled our way though this bracelet and headband craft with some scraps of fabric, a couple of hair bands and some thread. My skills  have much to be desired, but it was fun to do with her and she enjoyed them. 




I suppose this is probably on the "10 Commandments" of the blog world, as in "Thou shalt give proper credit to other bloggers for their ideas" BUT....I cannot find the blog I got this idea from. So, here's a link to another one with a great tutorial.
Lastly, in honor of my husband, for Father's Day, we made some candy sushi! His favorite food is sushi (mine too, that's part of the reason I love him so much!) and since we were all sick and couldn't go out for sushi, I thought the kids and I could make him the next best thing!


See how here.
Well, I have to make soup for my daughter, who now has strep throat!! Only weirdos like us would save our flu season for summertime! 
Blessings to all!
Aubrey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuggets of Joy